The coronavirus pandemic has impacted our lives, however, one positive aspect it yielded is a commitment to cleanliness. While providing clean spaces has always been, and continues to be, a priority for the hospitality industry, COVID cleaning protocols for corporate housing are taking health and cleanliness to new heights. As the nation begins to reopen, business executives are traveling again, and it’s important for them to know their corporate housing provider is keeping apartments clean and comfortable.
What Housekeeping Does Before a Guest Arrives
Housekeeping teams work diligently to clean and disinfect a living space before a guest arrives, wearing protective gear such as face masks, aprons, gloves, and even sleeve covers in an effort to protect themselves and guests.
Cleaning materials used are Centers for Disease Control (CDC) approved, and may include materials like peroxide based multi-surface cleaners, diluted bleach solutions, and other disinfectants that can be effective in killing germs associated with numerous common viruses.
Some of the key steps for COVID cleaning protocols corporate housing teams are taking include:
- Disinfecting commonly touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, handles, and faucets
- Sanitizing soft surfaces such as furniture cushions and sofa sleepers
- Cleaning windows and air vents
- Dusting and cleaning furniture, electronics, and décor
- Vacuuming the carpet and rugs and spot cleaning as needed
- Sweeping and mopping non-carpeted floors
- Sanitizing remotes after ensuring they work properly
- Dusting ceiling lights and fans
- Replacing light bulbs as needed
- Replacing bed linens
- Cleaning major kitchen appliances such as a refrigerator, microwave, oven, stove, dishwasher, coffee maker (includes the exterior and interior)
- Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas including sinks, countertops, drawers, dining table, cupboards, dishes, and utensils
- Cleaning and sanitizing the bathroom area including the counter, sink, faucet, shower, shower curtain, bathtub, and toilet
- Replacing bathroom linens and supplies
- Cleaning pantry and closet areas
- Cleaning laundry or utility room surfaces such as mopping the floors and disinfecting appliances
To provide an added layer of safety for guests, many corporate housing companies have an inspection process in place to ensure every level of the COVID cleaning protocols have been adequately met before the next guest arrives.
Cleaning Protocols for Corporate Housing During a Guest’s Stay
Even with the proactive steps the corporate housing industry takes in advance of a guest checking in, they understand the need some guests have to stay vigilant about cleaning and disinfecting for the duration of their stay.
Guests in corporate apartments should expect access to basic cleaning supplies such as:
- Disinfecting spray and paper towels (or disinfectant wipes as available). These materials may be used to clean commonly touched surfaces around the apartment such as doorknobs, light switches, toilet and faucet handles, countertops, tabletops, and remotes.
- Hand sanitizer (as available). While hand washing is typically considered more effective, hand sanitizer can also be used against harmful germs.
By providing disinfecting agents, guests can play a primary role in protecting their health beyond the services provided by housekeeping.
Most housekeeping services are on a rotating basis, so if you require housekeeping before your scheduled time, contact your housing provider and plan to vacate the apartment while it is housekeeping services are administered. This is for the protection of the housekeeping team as well as guests.
What Happens After a Guest Checks Out?
After a guest departs from their corporate housing apartment, the most immediate step is to evaluate the living space and identify any potential issues. The goal is to provide guests a home away from home experience, and that includes the integrity of the space and the furnishings. If anything needs to be repaired or replaced, maintenance will immediately address it.
After the post-checkout inspection, housekeeping will repeat the housekeeping process from start to finish. COVID cleaning protocols for corporate housing are thoroughly implemented to ensure the apartment is sanitized before the next guest arrives.
Corporate housing companies are in the business of catering to executives and business professionals, and ensuring an apartment is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to check in ensures the guest’s safety and peace of mind.
- How Corporate Furnished Apartments Save Companies Money - March 15, 2023
- 12 Things to Do in Dallas If You Are a Sports Fan - January 24, 2023
- How to Pick a School District When Looking at Long Term Corporate Housing - January 17, 2023