Attracting the best and the brightest to sign on with a company is big business, which is why corporate housing is an ideal incentive for new hires. The job market is particularly competitive as the world is slowly making its way to the other side of a pandemic. Name and reputation alone are no longer enough to seal the deal for many job seekers. Instead, they are also searching to maximize hiring perks such as corporate lodging.
If you are a business that is hiring executive and management level positions that may require a relocation, sweeten the deal with corporate housing arrangements to more effectively grow your employee base.
Why Corporate Housing Is an Ideal Incentive for New Hires
When a company is seeking out the best talent, corporate housing is a great incentive that allows a new hire to settle in, start work, and get a guided tour of their new city or neighborhood. Some of the top reasons this type of lodging is increasingly attractive to new hires include:
Variety of properties available.
No lodging is one size fits all, which is why having access to a variety of types of properties is important to the modern employee. Most temporary housing companies have access to a variety of apartments, but for those looking for condos, townhomes and houses, it’s important to work with a company that has licensed realtors on staff. This allows an individual more options in choosing the type of housing that best meets their needs and will make them feel more at home in their new space.
In addition to choosing the type of property an employee wants, most companies allow a certain level of customization. For example, some individuals prefer an unfurnished space so they can bring their personal belongings with them, while others prefer a fully furnished space until they choose more permanent housing in their new area.
One of the most time-consuming aspects of moving to a new city and is setting up utilities such as electricity, gas, water, high speed internet and more. Since corporate lodging companies cater to the business executive, they understand how important it is for a guest to move into a space that already has the utilities connected and included.
City and neighborhood tours.
When moving to a new area for work, the focus is often on securing lodging as fast as possible so an employee can be ready to go on day one of the job. However, one of the most overlooked parts of moving to a new area for work can be the unfamiliarity. A reputable corporate lodging company will offer destination services as a bonus for companies who want their transferees to adjust to their new surroundings as quickly as possible. The quicker the employee and their family can assimilate to the new area, the easier it will be for them to stay on track and complete relevant projects for work. Area tours of the city or neighborhood are valuable in allowing guests to become more familiar with their new surroundings.
Why Corporate Housing Is So Convenient for Employers
The goal for an employer to use corporate housing is to help them attract the cream of the crop when it comes to employees, but using this service can be beneficial for employers as well. Four reasons corporate housing is so convenient for employers are:
- Quicker assimilation and less stress. Having a trusted partner search for residential housing and make the necessary arrangements to connect utilities and handle the details helps the new hire settle into their new surroundings faster, which relieves stress. For the employer, this can also mean that a settled employee is happier and more productive inside the workplace.
- Flexible lease terms. When given advance notice, most corporate housing providers can offer flexibility in accommodating extended stays. This saves employers time and energy in securing new living arrangements for an employee who needs to extend their stay by another week or so.
- Travel partnership. By partnering with a corporate lodging company, an employer can have access to assistance with employee relocations as well as coordination of short term and long-term business travel. In addition to the convenience of using one company for all an employer’s travel needs, it also offers peace of mind to know guests can reasonably expect the same excellent level of customer service and accommodations each time.
- Tax Savings. If a new hire is expected to stay in a hotel rather than corporate housing, the hotel taxes can quickly add up and affect the bottom line. However, stays over 30 days in corporate housing don’t incur expensive hotel taxes.
Attractive Corporate Lodging Amenities for New Hires
One of the things that can set corporate lodging apart from other temporary housing options is its amenities. Corporate housing professionals understand the needs of an employee who is in between homes due to relocation and have created an experience to cater to them feeling more at ease. Some of the top corporate housing amenities enjoyed by modern executives can include:
- Privacy. A corporate housing arrangement typically offers more privacy than that of a hotel. Guests can have access to many private amenities that keep them from having to seek additional services elsewhere.
- Private washer and dryer in the unit. After a long day at the office, the last thing a guest wants to do is spend hours at a public laundromat washing and drying their clothes. To help guests feel more at home, a private washer, dryer, iron and ironing board come with corporate lodging properties. This enables guests to do their laundry in the comfort of their own home whenever time allows and saves them money.
- Private full kitchen and dining area. Eating three meals a day at restaurants or drive throughs can be hard on the body and the wallet, which is why new hires are often thrilled to have access to their own private kitchen and dining area in their temporary housing. The kitchen is outfitted with major appliances such as a refrigerator, microwave, oven/stove, and a microwave. With cookware and tableware already stocked in the kitchen, guests need only to purchase groceries so they can cook and eat at home.
- Fitness center and pool. Many corporate lodging facilities offer access to fitness center and swimming pool on the premises. This is an added bonus for new hires who like to work out and regularly exercise.
- Pet friendly options. For those individuals who have pets, a reputable company should offer some pet friendly housing options.
Corporate housing is an ideal incentive for new hires and employers alike. Make relocation and travel a cinch by enlisting the help of a high-quality corporate housing company.