Business executives who have the pleasure of visiting Charlotte, North Carolina for work are fortunate to be able to enjoy a flourishing and thriving community with no shortage of things to do. This gorgeous city is more than just a hotspot for all things banking, it is the perfect marriage of city life and nature, with tons of opportunities to soak in culture, appreciate the arts, catch a sports game, do some shopping, or just relax.
But don’t take our word for it. Check out what this amazing city is all about and how you can enjoy it all on your next business trip to Charlotte.
Welcome to Charlotte, North Carolina
This charming city, sometimes referred to as the Queen City thanks to its royal heritage, boasts a population of not quite one million making it the most populous city in North Carolina and one of the top twenty-five in the nation. In recent years the area has experienced a population explosion with financial businesses leading the charge.
The city is home to Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Truist Financial headquarters making the city one of the largest financial hubs in the United States. With business booming in Charlotte, so is the corporate housing industry. Thousands of business executives travel to the area each year for work and corporate lodging is available throughout the city and in or close to the area’s approximately two hundred neighborhoods.
With the beautiful skies, enchanting surroundings, and amazing sights, Charlotte, North Carolina is more than just a place to live and work—it is a place to thoroughly enjoy.
Charlotte, NC – A Guide of Things to Do
Just because you are in town for work does not mean you can’t make some time to play and enjoy the city. Make the most of after hours and weekends by visiting some of the city’s most amazing sights and sounds. From parks to sports to museums, this incredible destination city has a little something for everyone. Here are some ideas of things to do in your down time:
- Antique shopping. Whether shopping for yourself or someone else, sometimes the greatest treasures can be found in antique shops that offer fabulous vintage finds. Spend an afternoon wandering the city to find perfect treasures and souvenirs.
- Baseball. Catch one of the Charlotte Knights’ baseball games at the BB&T Ballpark in Charlotte. The team is a Triple-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox and offers a fun and exciting time at the ballpark while cheering on the home team.
- Basketball. If visiting during basketball season, do not miss the opportunity to attend an NBA game and root for the Charlotte Hornets as they play at Spectrum Center.
- Carowinds. Whether you or your kids are thrill seekers, Carowinds is the place to go for adventure. This amusement and waterpark offers dozens of exciting rides, live entertainment, and special seasonal events.
- City tours. Charlotte is a stunning city that can only be truly appreciated with a tour. Explore the area with flair via carriage ride, bicycle, Segway, or foot and make your own adventure.
- Rooftop bars and restaurants. With a skyline as stunning as Charlotte’s, it only makes sense that the city offers a number of locations where people can gather and visit at rooftop bars and restaurants. Day or night, these locales are sure to be memorable.
- Football. If catching an NFL game sounds like the perfect way to spend a Sunday, be sure to check the schedule to see if the hometown Carolina Panthers will be playing a game at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte during your stay.
- Golf. Whether you prefer to play golf without a cart at the city’s TopGolf facility or actually hit the links at one of many beautiful golf clubs in the area, Charlotte may just be where you perfect your swing.
- Hornets Nest Park. Despite the name, the 102-acre park is a favorite disc golf course in the area that also features a beautiful lake and picnic area.
- Local events. With a city the size of Charlotte, there seems to always be fun and exciting local and seasonal events. Be sure to check with your corporate housing company to find out what events are happening while you are in town.
- Mint Museum. This impressive five-story building of more than 145,000 square feet is frequently a draw for those individuals who enjoy amazing architecture and cultural experiences via collections of American, European, and contemporary art.
- NASCAR Hall of Fame. If you are a racing fan of epic proportions, do not miss the opportunity to visit this attraction to learn more about the heritage and history of NASCAR. Tour exhibits, participate in hands on experiences, and get some official gear when stopping by.
- Self-guided art tour. In Charlotte, art is not only found inside museum walls. Consider participating in The Art and Science Council’s Public Art Walking Tour where you can walk through the city with a downloadable walking tour brochure for a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Shopping. Whether you enjoy the thrill of finding a fabulous antique or the perfect outfit for a special event, Charlotte offers a wide variety of shopping locales for vintage, modern, and everything in between.
- The Rail Trail. A beautiful stretch of walkway that extends from Uptown to South End is a favorite for locals and visitors alike. This three-and-a-half-mile path is frequented by walkers, runners, and scooter or bike riders who enjoy being out in nature while still in the city.
- The United States National Whitewater Center. If you love being active outdoors, this may be just the place for you. It is home to the largest man-made whitewater river in the world. Visitors can choose from a wide variety of activities including kayaking, rafting, ziplining, biking, and rock climbing to name just a few.
If you will be traveling to the Charlotte area for a business trip, when making your reservations with the corporate housing company, be sure to let them know of your interest in any specific events and they may be able to help either point you in the right direction or make special arrangements. Charlotte, North Carolina awaits!